A decent place to live and an affordable mortgage creates a situation where homeowners can save more, invest in education, pursue opportunity and have more financial stability.
A Habitat future homeowner will
- Purchase home from Habitat with an affordable zero-percent interest mortgage
- Pay monthly mortgage payments which vary based on income and includes principal, taxes, property insurance, and, if applicable, condominium association fee
- Pay a pre-closing deposit of $1,500
How Do I Apply?
Homeowner Applicant Initial Requirements
- Live OR work currently, and for a minimum of one year, in Williamson County, TX
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Meet the income requirements
- Have stable and sufficient income to make the monthly mortgage payment
- Have a need for housing
- Willing to complete a minimum of 300 – 500 volunteer hours
Future Habitat Condo Development
In September 2022, HFHWC will hold the first Homeownership Program Information Meetings for Shepherd’s Village, a condominium development in southeast Georgetown.
- Household income no less than 60% and no more than 80% of area-median income (AMI)
- Mortgage Payment includes principal, insurance, taxes, and condominium association dues
- Participation in Condominium Association
- Down payment assistance available to qualified homebuyers
Habitat Homeownership Info Meeting Updates
Please submit your Name and Email below if you would like to receive notifications of future Habitat Homeownership Program Information Meetings.
The selection of families accepted into the Homeownership Program is considered by the Family Selection Committee with final approval from the Habitat for Humanity of Williamson County, Texas Board of Directors, using criteria that does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, ethnicity, age, handicap, religion, marital status, or because all or part of the applicant’s income is derived from public assistance programs.