A decent place to live and an affordable mortgage creates a situation where homeowners can save more, invest in education, pursue opportunity and have more financial stability.
A Habitat future homeowner will
- Purchase home from Habitat with an affordable zero-percent interest mortgage
- Pay monthly mortgage payments which vary based on income and includes principal, taxes, and property insurance
- Pay a down payment of $1000
How Do I Apply?
Homeowner Applicant Initial Requirements
- Live OR work currently, and for a minimum of one year, in Williamson County, TX
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Meet the income requirements
- Have stable and sufficient income to make the monthly mortgage payment
- Have a need for housing
- Willing to complete a minimum of 300 – 500 volunteer hours
- March 2019 Meeting Schedule – Taylor, TX
- Meeting attendance is required to apply
Submit the completed application by the deadline
- Deadline date will be provided at the program meeting
The selection of families accepted into the Homeownership Program is considered by the Family Selection Committee with final approval from the Habitat for Humanity of Williamson County, Texas Board of Directors, using criteria that does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, ethnicity, age, handicap, religion, marital status, or because all or part of the applicant’s income is derived from public assistance programs.