Habitat Williamson County is still working to build strength, stability and self-reliance through safe & affordable housing. The way we interact with our homeowners and future homeowners, customers and volunteers is different at this time as we all address the need to be safe. But we will reunite as soon as possible!! . . . In the meantime . . .
There are many ways you can help Habitat Williamson County continue to help families today and into the future.
- Make a financial gift online today – Give Today
- Employer matching your contribution — Check Here to see if your employer provides matching funds
- Shop AmazonSmile — use the AmazonSmile platform when doing your online shopping and designate Habitat Williamson County, TX as your nonprofit. .5% of you purchases will benefit Habitat Williamson County.
- Donate your car, truck, boat RV, motorcycle) through the Cars for Homes portal
- Keep items you want to donate to the ReStore for now – drop-off hours and pick-up scheduling will resume as soon as possible
Stay connected to Habitat Williamson County
- Follow us on Facebook & Instagram
- Check this page for weekly updates pertaining to COVID-19, changes to services, operations, ways to help and general organization info that is changing due to COVID-19.
Beginning March 18 – April 18 (this date may be extended)
- All programs
- Homeownership Program – no construction activities involving volunteers (individual or group)
- Home Repair Program – no construction activities involving volunteers or new client activities
- ReStore Program
- No shopping
- No drop-off donations
- No donation pick-ups – including scheduling future pick-ups
- Administrative office
- only one staff member in the office at any time answering the phone/conducting business
- closed to the public
- all other program and administrative staff will work from home
Staff continue to work from their homes to:
- Plan a development in Georgetown for safe, decent and affordable homes for at least 8 more families
- Schedule licensed sub-contractors to complete home construction steps that our volunteers do not regularly do (only if these steps can be completed without exposing their workers to COVID-19 or other dangers)
- Identify the best way to assist our Habitat homeowners who may experience difficulty in paying their mortgage in the coming months
- Reschedule future homeowner education classes for the families most recently approved for the homeownership program
- Plan for the 2021 Hops for Houses Craft Beer Festival that will generate new home construction funding
Again, thank you for what you do to support Habitat Williamson County. And thank you for allowing us to care for our staff and volunteers during these challenging times.