Take part in our June Shopping Challenge: $5 Finds!
The Georgetown ReStore is the perfect place to shop for spring savings! At the Georgetown ReStore, we encourage sale lovers, pickers, treasure hunters and DIY mavens alike to take the ReStore Shopping Challenge! This month’s ReStore Shopping Challenge is $5 Finds! What can you find at the Georgetown ReStore to add the perfect final touch to your most recent home improvement or DIY project? Follow us on social media to learn more! Facebook Instagram
DIY Discovery Series – Patriotic Fan Blade
Date: Saturday June 26, 9am
Location: Georgetown ReStore – 2108 North Austin Ave, Georgetown, TX
Registration Required – Sign Up Here
Cost: $5.00 – To be paid the day of the event at the Georgetown ReStore
– DIY Workshop led by artist Kimberly Keller, Paint With Me Kimberly Keller
– (1) Ceiling fan blade (additional blades can be bought separately at the ReStore)
– Red, White & Blue paint
– Sanding paper
What to Bring:
– Paint brushes
– Additional paint colors, if desire
May DIY Discovery Series – Tile Napkin Holder
Supplies (can be found at the Georgetown ReStore!)
- Three 4×4 tiles
- Spray paint (You can also use acrylic paint, Sharpies, etc.)
- Paint brushes
- Mod Podge
- Small piece of scrap wood, 4″ long
- Felt (Ideal for protecting the surface you set it on, but paper can also be used)
- Spray Adhesive (If you have a favorite crafting adhesive that would work, use it!)
- Use spray adhesive to attach your felt or other material to the bottom of the tile. Whatever you use for the bottom of the tile is supposed to protect what is below the napkin holder.
- Decorate your tile! (We used dot stickers and then spray painted the tiles) You will also want to paint the scrap piece of wood as it will be visible on the finished product. Let your paint and other decorations dry completely.
- Use Mod Podge as a sealant for the paint. Paint a coat on, and let dry completely.
- Using spray adhesive, glue the scrap piece of wood onto the middle of your napkin base and let dry.
- Using spray adhesive, glue the side tiles to the block of wood.
- Use a vice to pinch the tiles against the wooden block. Leave for 24 hours to let the glue bond completely.
- Put napkins in your new holder and enjoy the meals that will surround it!